Elham Huq Khuku
Cambridge from St.Francis Xavier’s Green Herald School.
Bachelor of fine arts (BFA) 1985.
Institute of Fine Arts, Dhaka University.
Master of Fine Arts..University of Development Alternative..(UODA) Dhaka 2013 (MFA)
Ex-teacher of Australian Int. School.
At present freelance Artist.
I am Specialized in Oriental Arts.
I have been too much obsessed with Art since my childhood. Passed out with great experience and now I am carrying and studying on with creative art work It’s my passion to say that I love to explore and go for more with research work.
Abstract work is bit less absent in my work. being an artist but if catches my eyes and feelings with colours of different combination and composition .But I like to take brush and colours from semi realistic to realistic work. At present within my work shows I have mixed media, where I have included collage, wood crumbs, glass paint with acrylic, sometimes oil or charcoal, ink, pen and other different materials to bring up with great form to create an interesting Painting. My subject matters are common to my surroundings with reality of people’s life, animals and nature. I do work for myself and specially spectators or viewers and feel wonderful when I throw colours into a new Art work if it is appreciated by them. Mostly I try to relate myself with my heavenly creation whatever new ideas that flourishes through what I dream of.
Have passed Cambridge and followed by BFA from the Faculty of Fine Arts in 1985.Passed out MFA in Drawing and Painting from University Of Development Alternative (UODA)2013.Since had various group shows including Asian Biennial,Charu Shilpa Shangshad, National and 3 solos here and abroad. Achieved best Oriental departmental and best class awards at the Annual Exhibition in the Faculty premises. Joined several workshops in different fields in Dhaka and abroad.
1)-1st solo exhibition at Alliance François..Mogadishu, Somalia..1986.
2)-2nd solo art exhibition at ‘’Out of the Blue ‘’ gallery, Boston USA..2006.
3) A day show at Radisson Hotel Dhaka…2009
1)-1st Biennial Asian art exhibition..1981
2)-2nd Biennial Asian art exhibition..1983
3)-group show at the Netherlands Embassy..2000
4)-National art exhibition..2001
5) Charu Shilpi Shangshadh..2nd Biennial art Exhibition
6)- Group show on Women’s Day at Chitrak gallery..2002
7)-Society of Oriental Arts..2003
8)-Miniature painting exhibition at Shilporag2003
10) A 10 day Group show of 8 contemporary artists of Bangladesh by ‘7VISIONS’at Tivoli Art Gallery ..Dhaka..3rd March 2011
11) 2 day show on Women’s Day by USAID.. US Embassy 2011
12)A Day Art fair at US Embassy 2011
13)15 days 4in group show including Eminent artist Dr Abdus Satter Sir ‘’Master and the Apprentices’’ at Dhaka Art Center
…7th October 2011.
14)4 days Oriental Art Workshop at Katmandu,Nepal with Nepal Art Council..12th till 16th November,,2011.
15) 3 day Water Colour Workshop By Faculty of Fine Arts at Maynamati BARD, Comilla …
16) 5 days Group Exhibition by Society of Artists at Dhaka art Center..29th – 5th May..2012
17) Duet painting exhibition with Papaa Nurunahar… ‘’Painting and Passions’ at Dhaka Art Center…16th June till 24th June ,2012
18) ‘’Undre Pressure ‘’Print Making Group Exhibition at the Bengal Lounge Gallery …June 2013
19) Kahal Group show , Japan & Bangladesh Friendship at Shilpa Kala Academy ….2013, Dhaka November
20) Group Show on Women’s Day at Chitrak 2014, Dhaka
21) Group show ..Japan and Bangladesh at Chitrak Gallery..2014..May
22) Women’s Day , Group show at Gallery 21 ..2015 , Dhaka
23) Oriental Art Exhibition at the Zainul gallery June 2015, Dhaka
24) Group show by UODA at Shilpakala Academy ..September 2015, Dhaka
25) Tow Photography Group Show at Hariyana and Chandigarh , India 2914 and 2015 .
And much more .
*Awards at the Annual art Compition..Institute of Fine Arts
1)- Best awards for Oriental painting..1982
2)- Best awards for Oriental painting..1983
3)- Best awards for Oriental painting..1984
Shilpakola Academy Dhaka bangladesh and
many private and institutional collections at home and abroad
Contact # --01822714531
My work depicts the life of Bangladesh rural and urban hard working women. Simple and devoted towards thier daily job of any aspects.
The shots are taken from nature various coconut trees which turned into an abstract form ..