Living in Gatineau, Quebec Province, Canada
Discovered watercolour in 1988 while travelling to USA. Since then never stopped exploring the media.
For several years self-taught. Thereafter, enrolled in watercolour courses with Canadian and International artists. Abstracting the Landscape with artist Marc Gagnon and Claire Labrosse’s course Painting Watercolour on Acid Free Tissue Paper inspired me among other things.
These approaches give me shapes just waiting to be worked on and allows me to be more spontaneous and less realistic.
In addition, I also paint watercolour in the traditional way.
What dominates in my works are textures, recall of colors, movements, perspective where the eye circulates through lines, shapes and the white of the paper. The paintings are filled with light, depth and transparency.
My concerns mainly focus on landscape often accompanied by bodies of water. These are essential for the human beings.
Recognized as a professional artist in 2012 by le Regroupement des artistes en arts visuels du Québec (RAAVQ) and as Fellow by the Ottawa Watercolour Society (OWS) in 2014 and by my peers on several occasions.
Her awards are:
• 39th Annual Arteast Juried Awards Exhibition – Second Place Award. Watercolour & Water-Soluble Media
• 2021Judge’s Choice Award at the 72nd Juried Exhibition, Ottawa Watercolour Society, Galeria Old Chelsea (2016)
• Award of Excellence 1st Watercolour (Nepean Fine Arts League Annual Awards Exhibition) 2018
• NFAL Spring Sale 2017 – People’s Choice Third Place
• NFAL Spring Sale 2018 – People’s Choice Third Place
• NFAL Fall Sale 2018 – People’s Choice Third Place
Monique Huneault hasn't uploaded any images yet. Please check back soon!