Location: United States
BIOGRAPHY / PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Oana Lauric was born in Bucharest, lived studied and worked as an architect in Paris for a decade, and later in the US. She has been working as a full time professional Visual Artist since 2002, and owns Artoujours, Inc. art studio and gallery at 162 Newbury St. in Boston.
Lauric is a member of the Copley Society of Art in Boston, with whom she exhibits her paintings on and off site, a member of American Women Artists and a fellow artist member of St. Botolph Club. Her art is currently represented by J.Todd gallery in Wellesley MA, Chatham Fine Art Gallery in Chatham MA, and Scott Bundy Gallery in Kennebunkport ME. Her work has been extensively featured in prestigious publications, and can be found as in private and corporate collections around the world.
2011-2016 Visual artist, manager, owner of Artoujours, Inc. in Boston MA
2002-2010 Visual artist, manager, owner of Artoujours, Inc. in Portland ME
2000-2002 Project architect at TFH Architects in Portland, ME
1998-2000 Architectural designer at Ecole Bilingue (International School of Boston), Cambridge MA
1996-1999 Project architect at CFO France 98 Coupe du Monde, Stade de France, St. Denis.
1993-1995 Interior decorator at Michel Amar Studio d’Architecture, Paris France
Cont. Ed. - The Art Students League of New York
Joseph Peller class, New York, NY
French Masters Degree “Architecte D.P.L.G.”
School of Architecture “Paris-la-Villette” (UP6), Paris France
Associate Degree in Architecture
Institute of Architecture “Ion Mincu”, Bucharest, Romania
Baccalaureate in Fine Arts
Fine Art and Stage Design, School of Fine Arts “N. Tonitza”, Bucharest Romania
SELECTED EXHIBITIONS AND RESIDENCIES
- Member Artists' BIENNIAL show, St. Botolph Club, Boston MA, Nov.2015 -Jan.2016
- SOLO Show "WANDERING, NOT LOST", Copley Society May-June 2015
- GRIT THE URBAN LANDSCAPE juried show, Copley Society Nov 2014
- 2 FIRST PRIZE Beacon Hill Art Walk Boston 2012 & 2014
- CAMBRIDGE ON CANVAS juried show, Harvard Club Boston 2013
- SOLO Show REFLECTIVE RADIANCE 2012 Copley Society
- Copley Society of Art RESIDENCY, Fine Art Work Center Provincetown MA 2011
- Art Students League EXHIBITION OUTREACH Lincoln Towers NYC 2011
- The Guild of Boston Art, N.E. REPRESENTATIONAL juried show 2009
- 12th, 9th I.S.A.P. INTERNATIONAL JURIED EXPO Sta Cruz Art League '09, '06
- 3 Group/Solo Shows Galerie du Soleil, Naples FL 2006, 07, 08, 09
- ARTEXPO NY 2008, 07, 06
- 3 SOLO shows Osterville Fine Art, MA 2006, 07, 08
- the SOLO AWARD, ARTEXPO LV Sept'07
- 2 SOLO shows, VOILA Gallery Boston MA '07
- LA VOIX DE L'ENFANT art auction Eiffel Tower Paris FR '06
- BIENNALE D'ARTE CONTEMPORANEA Florence Italy 2005
"In my paintings, I explore the impact of the built environment on our psyche; I believe that the surroundings we create influence the way we behave. The experience of discovering a quality urban environment is always a subtle, nevertheless fantastic adventure.
My paintings reflect a voyage, a movement through space and time, a dynamic perception of our man-made environment. Through perceptions of light and shadows, depth and chromatic intensity, my intent is to signal the power of our surroundings and hopefully raise expectations in their regards.
We are shaped by these spaces as much as we shape them!"