Małgorzata Kisielewska was born in Wąbrzeźno, a small town in Poland, Pomeranian Province.
In 1981 she graduated from the hydro-engineering department of the Gdansk University of Technology and started work as an engineer. In 1985 her artistic talents came to the fore once again when she took up painting and started to express her everyday emotions artistically on a larger scale. Between 1985 and 1990 she completed about fifty oil paintings. Part of this collection was sold at charity auctions in Sweden. After a break of almost 10 years, she began painting again to express her everyday feelings and emotions. Painting became a form of her escape from everyday life.
This time she used watercolors as means of expression.
After the artist had won the competition in 2002, her watercolors were presented on a one-author exhibition held in 2003 in the Palais de l’Europe in Strasbourg (France) in the exhibitions organized by the Arts Club of the Council of Europe Staff Amicale.
- 2012 – May - Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery Nature Art Competition - Honorable Mention - Painting & Other Media Category Awarded.
- 2014 – February – ARTAVITA 9th Art Contest – Certificate of Honor
- 2014 – March - Light Space & Time Online Art Gallery – ALL WOMEN - Art Competition – Special Recognition Award - Painting & Other Media Category Awarded.
- 2015 – January – ARTAVITA 11th Art Contest – Certificate of Excellence.
Other one-author exhibitions:
- 2004 and 2008 – exhibition at the Gdańsk Main Town Hall;
- 2006 – September - exhibition in her hometown during the centenary celebration of the high school completed by the artist;
- 2011 – June - Cafe-Fikcja bookshop and cafè (Gdańsk-Wrzeszcz) presented her miniatures;
- 2012 – March - International Show CONFIGURATIONS - New Century Artists Inc. 530 West 25th Street, NYC , USA;
- 2012 – October – 123 of art auction for Polish Army Veterans Association in America – Irving Plaza, 15 Irving Place, New York, USA;
- 2012 – December – one-author exhibition – Polish Cultural Foundation, 177 Brodway , Clark, New Jersey, USA;
- 2013 - from 23 September to 6 October group exhibition in The Brick Lane Gallery at 196 Brick Lane Street in London
- 2015 – January – Wojewódzka i Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna – Library Manhattan Gdańsk Wrzeszcz – one-author exhibition „Walk Impressions”
- 2015 – Fabruary – Art Exhibeo Competition – Art of Abstraction
- 2016 – from 21 May to 3 June - Bacon, New York, Art Festival – International Art Show
- 2016 - from 23 June to 15 July – Wąbrzeźno – Community Centre – one – author exhibition – “Passed on the way”
- 2016 – September - Wojewódzka i Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna – Library Cat and the Mouse Wrzeszcz – one-author exhibition
- 2016 – September – Rotterdam International Art. Fair
All the exhibitions aroused much interest.
The Lions Club Gedania Gdansk asked the artist to support their Christmas charity concerts organized in December 2009 and 2010, as well as charity concerts held in May 2010 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the club. The works donated for that purpose aroused much interest and significantly contributed to the club’s help for disadvantaged children.
The works of the painter may be found in private collections on three continents:
in Europe (Poland, Sweden, England, France, Belgium, Denmark), in America (the USA) and in Australia.